- 17https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/beautifully-broken-womens-conference/10:00 am-2:00 pmNov-17-18
The “Beautifully Broken” Women’s Conference will be held Saturday, November 17, 2018, beginning at 10 a.m. The event is hosted by Divine Daughters Fellowship Ministry and will be held in the State Bank Room in Brookhaven. Speakers will be Sis. Cassandra Askew, Sis. Sarah Belton, Sis. Lakeisha Costley, and Minister Johnnie Upkins. The conference is for women who have had tests, trials and triumphs.
- 17https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/tilton-umc-country-store/10:30 am-1:00 pmNov-17-18
The Country Store at Tilton United Methodist Church, located at 663 Hulon Brister Road, Jayess, will be held Saturday, November 17, from 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. There will be Homemade Soup and cornbread (eat in or take out), baked cakes, pies and goodies for sale for your Thanksgiving needs, and much more!
- 18https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/divide-memorial-m-p-harvest-day/10:30 am-1:00 pmNov-18-18
Divide Memorial M.P. Church, located approximately 11 miles south of Monticello on Divide Road off Highway 27, will hold their annual Harvest Day, Sunday, November 18, beginning at 10:30 a.m. The gospel group “Four the King” will perform, and Bro. Matthew Lambert will bring the message. A potluck meal in the Christian Life Center will follow the service.
- 18https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/abate-meeting/2:00 pm-4:00 pmNov-18-18
The Southwest Chapter of ABATE will have its monthly meeting at Jeff Price’s Shop, Sunday, November 18, at 2 p.m. Jeff’s is located 8 miles south of Highway 84 at 3326 E. Lincoln Road, Brookhaven, on the right. They will be making plans for the December 8th Toy Run. Meetings are open to the public. For more information, contact Carmen Hill at 601-754-8560 or see the chapter’s Facebook page.
- 18https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/community-thanksgiving-service-at-monticello-umc/6:00 pm-8:00 pmNov-18-18
Monticello United Methodist Church will host the Community Thanksgiving Service, Sunday, November 18, at 6 p.m. A sign up sheet for volunteers is located in the Media Center.
- 19https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/new-hebron-public-library-family-fun-day/10:00 am-5:00 pmNov-19-18
New Hebron Public Library will host a “Family Fun Day,” Monday, November 19, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. There will be food, activities, contests and prizes. For more information, call Teresa or Minnie at 601-694-2623.
- 24https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/a-night-of-thanksgiving-old-fashioned-revival/4:30 pm-10:00 pmNov-24-18
Tyrone Porter will present “A Night of Thanksgiving: Old Time Revival”, Saturday, November 24, at the Lawrence County High School Gymnasium, with doors opening at 4:30 p.m. The red carpet and pre-show begin at 5:30 p.m. with a 3-Choir Competition with Host, Jenni Love. The event begins at 7 p.m., featuring Comedian Jonathan Slocumb, Doc McKenzie & The Hilites, The Supreme Angels, Danny Walker & The Volinaires, The Kaiser Singers, Pastor Douglas Noel & Friendz and many more! Master of Ceremony is Mr. Larry Armstrong. The night will also include blessing of selected families, door prize giveaways, and a 52″ flat screen television giveaway in the VIP section. VIP tickets are $30 each. Advance tickets are $20 and door tickets are $25. Children ages 6-11 are $5 each. Tickets may be purchased at Duncan Chevron on Highway 27 in Monticello. For more information, contact Tyrone Porter at 601-927-2310, Mareo Porter at 601-754-5736, Stacy Beal at 601-410-4420, or Gloria Thompson at 601-927-1513.