- 20https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/empower-the-vote-rally/10:00 am-2:00 pmOct-20-18
An Empower the Vote Rally will be held Saturday, October 20, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Lucas Baseball Field in Lucas. There will be free food, a church booth and games.
- 20https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/antioch-baptist-trunk-n-treat-and-fall-festival/5:30 pm-8:00 pmOct-20-18
Antioch Baptist Church will hold their Trunk N Treat and Fall Festival, Saturday, October 20, 2018, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the church parking lot. Come see all the decorated trunks! Trunk N Treat will be followed by games, a cake walk and food in the Fellowship Hall.
- 20https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/mt-pleasant-m-b-pastor-aide-program/6:00 pm-9:00 pmOct-20-18
Mt. Pleasant M.B. Church, located at 167 Elem Tyler Road, Sontag, will hold their Pastor Aide Program, Saturday, October 20, beginning at 6 p.m. The theme is “Getting Lit for Jesus,” based on Matthew 5:16. The church is hosting a Benefit of Love for Pastor Aaron Thompson, who has be ministering to the church for over 20 years. Special guests will be Squad of Praise from Short Chapel Church of Carson. Other guests include Marissa Floyd of Magee, Royal Children of Christ (a mass praise team from surrounding counties), Minister Korey Langston, Minister Jherrod Dixon, Minister Joshua Christmas, Bro. Gerald Slay and Oak Ridge M.B Church. Master of Ceremonies is Bro. Daniel Carter, and the event is hosted by Sis. Tranesa Thompson and Bro. Randy Aultman.
- 21https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/north-pleasant-hill-126th-year-church-anniversary/1:30 pm-4:00 pmOct-21-18
North Pleasant Hill M.B. Church will celebrate its 126th Year Church Anniversary, Sunday, October 21, at 1:30 p.m. The Guest Speaker will be Rev. James Dampier of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church in Prentiss.
- 21https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/abate-meeting/2:00 pm-4:00 pmOct-21-18
The Southwest Chapter of ABATE will have its monthly meeting at Jeff Price’s Shop at 2 p.m. Jeff’s is located 8 miles south of Highway 84 at 3326 East Lincoln Road, Brookhaven, on the right. They will be making plans for the October 27 Unity Trace Run. Meetings are open to the public. For more information, contact Carmen Hill at 601-754-8560 or see the chapter’s Facebook Page.
- 21https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/new-life-fellowship-100-women-in-red-and-men-in-black-program/2:00 pm-5:00 pmOct-21-18
New Life Fellowship Baptist Church will hold their 100 Women in Red and Men in Black Program, Sunday, October 21, beginning at 2 p.m. Rev. Jerry Earl of China Lee M.B. Church will be the guest speaker.
- 26https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/taste-testnutrition-display/All dayOct-26-18
Mississippi State University Extension Service will hold a Taste Test and/or Nutrition Display, Friday, October 26, for Booker Nutrition Community Garden, located at 157 Isaac Newsome Road, Pinola. For information, call Becky Berry at 601-847-1335 or Booker T. Woodard at 601-259-0512 or 779-348-6748. You will learn how to create a community garden and where fresh foods come from.