- 27https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/antioch-baptist-homecoming/9:30 am-1:00 pmMay-27-18
Antioch Baptist Church will celebrate their 158-Year Homecoming, Sunday, May 27. The theme is “Pioneer Women of Antioch” with guest speaker Mark McArthur. Sunday School will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the Morning Service at 10:30 a.m. Dinner on the grounds will follow the service.
- 27https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/fair-hill-m-b-family-and-friends-day/1:00 pm-4:00 pmMay-27-18
Pastor Glen Smith and the Fair Hill M.B. Church family in Oma will celebrate Family and Friends Day, Sunday, May 27, at 1 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Tedric Thompson of the Union Grove M.B. Church in Wesson.
- 27https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/new-life-fellowship-baptist-day-of-fellowship-and-rejoicing/2:00 pm-5:00 pmMay-27-18
New Life Fellowship Baptist Church will have a day of “Fellowship and Rejoicing,” Sunday, May 27, at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Dr. Levester Sutton of Galilee M.B. Church in Prentiss.
- 27https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/forest-grove-m-p-vbs/5:00 pm-8:00 pmMay-27-18-Jun-01-18
Forest Grove Methodist Protestant Church invites everyone to join them for Vacation Bible School. Registration will be held Sunday, May 27, from 5-6 p.m. Classes will be held Monday, May 28, through Thursday, May 31, from 6-8:30 p.m. nightly. Friday, June 1, will be the closing program at 6 p.m. The theme for the week will be “Good News Farm.” For more information, go to the web site (https://www.forestgrovempchurch.com) or the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/forestgrovempchurch). For additional information, call Tammy at 601-408-8388.
- 31https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/tomatoes-quick-bites-seminar/12:00 pm-1:00 pmMay-31-18
Dr. Rick Snyder, MSU Extension Research Professor at the Central R&E Center, will present “Growing Great Tomatoes,” Thursday, May 31, as we enjoy warm weather and sunny days and can’t wait to eat that first tomato of the summer. He will show how to grow tomatoes that will be the envy of the neighborhood. The program will be from Noon-1 p.m. at the Lawrence County Extension office via interactive video conference. Call 601-587-2271 to RSVP by May 29th. Seating is very limited.