- 21https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/brookhaven-regional-art-guild-meeting/5:00 pm-7:00 pmSep-21-17
The September Meeting of Brookhaven Regional Arts Guild will be held Thursday, September 21, at 5 p.m. at the Lincoln County Public Library in Brookhaven. Kim Sessums will be the guest speaker. Discussion of the upcoming October competition will be held and officers for the next year will be elected, along with other business. Bring a piece of art to enter the monthly art competition. The winner of the monthly competition will receive a $25 gift certificate for an online ART site. All media of art is accepted at the monthly meeting. For questions, email Brookhavenregionalartguild@gmail.com. Those who are not currently members are encouraged to attend for more information.
- 24https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/shalom-baptist-homecoming/10:00 am-1:00 pmSep-24-17
Shalom Baptist Church will celebrate thirty years of serving God with their Homecoming service Sunday, September 24. The speaker will be Bro. Mike Sutton. Sunday School will be at 10 a.m. with worship service at 11 a.m. All former pastors, members and friends are cordially invited.
- 24https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/north-pleasant-hill-family-and-friends-day/1:00 pm-5:00 pmSep-24-17
North Pleasant Hill M.B. Church of New Hebron will hold their Annual Family and Friends Day Sunday, September 24, at 1 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. Eskria Rhodes, pastor of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church in Silver Creek. The program is sponsored by the North Pleasant Hill Food Pantry, which serves the Lawrence, Simpson, Jefferson Davis and other surrounding counties. If you cannot attend, a donation to the pantry would be much appreciated.
- 24https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/china-lee-annual-senior-mission-program/2:00 pm-5:00 pmSep-24-17
China Lee M.B. Church will hold their Annual Senior Mission Program Sunday, September 24 at 2 p.m. The speaker for the occasion will be Sister Linda Kelly.
- 26https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/life-of-christ-meeting/5:30 pm-7:00 pmSep-26-17
The next organizational meeting for this year’s Life of Christ presentation will be held Tuesday, September 26, at 5:30 p.m. at the Atwood Water Park Gatehouse. All local pastors and church event coordinators are encouraged to attend. Businesses and other organizations are also encouraged to send representatives to the meeting. The 5th Annual Life of Christ presentation will be held at Atwood Water Park in Monticello Friday and Saturday, December 8 & 9. All area churches are encouraged to participate. Even if your church, business or organization cannot present an entire scene, assistance with the other scenes and behind the scenes help is needed and appreciated.
- 27https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/monticello-umc-pprc-meeting/5:00 pm-7:00 pmSep-27-17
Monticello United Methodist Church will hold a PPRC meeting Wednesday, September 27, at 5 p.m.