- 18https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/tilton-umc-country-store/8:00 am-2:00 pmNov-18-17
The Annual Country Store will be held at Tilton United Methodist Church, 663 Hulon Brister Road, Jayess, on Saturday, November 18, from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Homemade cakes, pies and goodies for your Thanksgiving needs, soup and cornbread at lunch, and many vendors for your early Christmas shopping. Come join us for fun, food and fellowship. Vendors are welcome. For more information, contact Kim Brister at 601-955-2256.
- 18https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/calvary-upc-bbq-chicken-dinner/11:00 am-1:00 pmNov-18-17
Calvary UPC will hold a BBQ Chicken Dinner, Saturday, November 18, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Cost is $8 per carry out plate. The church is located at 969 Holmesville Road in Jayess.
- 19https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/monticello-umc-fellowship-lunch/12:00 pm-2:00 pmNov-19-17
Monticello United Methodist Church will host a Fellowship Lunch after the morning service. Bring a covered dish and join the fellowship.
- 19https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/abate-meeting/2:00 pm-4:00 pmNov-19-17
The Southwest Chapter of ABATE will have its monthly meeting at Jeffrey’s Cycle Supply at 2 p.m. on Sunday, November 19. Jeffrey’s is located 8 miles south of Hwy 84 on E. Lincoln Road. They will have raffle tickets available for the Blackout 300 Rifle. They will also be holding elections for Chapter and State Officers. The details of the Toy Run will be set up as well. Come and bring a friend. Meetings are open to the public. For more information, contact Carmen Hill at 601-833-8560 or visit the Facebook page.
- 21https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/life-of-christ-meeting/12:00 pm-1:00 pmNov-21-17
The next meeting for this year’s Life of Christ presentation will be held Tuesday, November 21, at noon at the Atwood Water Park Gatehouse. All local pastors and church event coordinators are encouraged to attend. Businesses and other organizations are also encouraged to send representatives to the meeting. Even if your church, business or organization cannot present an entire scene, assistance with the other scenes and behind the scenes help is needed and appreciated. For more information, contact the Chamber of Commerce office at 601-587-3007 or Jane Boyd at 601-405-4975.
- 24https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/a-night-of-thanksgiving/5:00 pm-10:00 pmNov-24-17
Terri Price and Tyrone Porter present A Night of Thanksgiving, featuring Doc McKenzie and The Hi-Lites, Friday, November 24, at the Mt. Olive High School Gym. The gym is located at 301 S 4th St. in Mt. Olive. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the program begins at 6 p.m. The night will also feature George Dean & G4, Spencer Taylor & The Highway QC’s, Pastor Douglass Noel & Friends, Southern Stars and Mt. Zion Youth Choir. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. VIP passes are available for $30 and children ages 6-12 are $5. Tickets are available locally through Allean Dillon and Michael Franklin. For more information, call 601-517-4653, 601-927-2310 or 601-455-4804.
- 26https://www.lawrencecountypress.com/event/fair-hill-m-b-church-church-anniversary/1:00 pm-4:00 pmNov-26-17
Fair Hill M.B. Church will celebrate 154 years of service in its community and surrounding areas on Sunday, November 26, at 1 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. Hugh T. Lewis, Pastor of St. Paul M.B. Church in Edwards.